Re: Problem getting XFree86 to work on iBook2 using ATI Radeon Mobility 16mb

Knight Industries 2k wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get XFree86 working on a 12.1" Combo 700Mhz iBook2 using an ATI Radeon Mobility 16mb graphics card.
(It's not one of the brand new iBooks that just came out a few weeks ago, it's the one that came out just before them)

I followed the instructions written by Jesus Climent here: http://www.hispalinux.es/~data/ibook/x152.html  and managed
to get my kernel updated to the latest benh. (2.4.20)

I then ran through the instructions for getting XFree86 working but I when I start X I get errors saying (EE)
RADEON(0): No valid mode found for this DFP/LCD
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

quoting michel daenzer a few posts lower: