Re: iBook2, Radeon 7500.
- To: David Röhr <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: iBook2, Radeon 7500.
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 01 Dec 2002 11:46:38 +0100
- Message-id: <1038739598.6544.24.camel@zion>
- In-reply-to: <20021130234242.GA4954@angelica.rajraj.net>
- References: <20021130164808.GA24057@angelica.rajraj.net> <20021130234242.GA4954@angelica.rajraj.net>
On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 00:42, David Röhr wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 [17:48],
> David Röhr (email@example.com) wrote:
> > -cut
> > Starting to get tired of not geting the radeon-driver to work. Is there
> > anyone with the same hardware as my self, that have got FB-support in
> > console and DRI working in X? And of course without flimmer. I would
> > love some help right now /:
> Uploaded some of my system-files, maybe they can be of any help?
> As you can see on the jpeg-file, is that my X is working quite fine, the
> only problem I'm having is (not able to use radeonfb in console, doesn't
> realy matter to me), and my display is behaving realy funny.
> Trying to fix the Sync-settings, but nothing helps. As I said before,
> it's a 12.1" screen. Tried using XF86Config-4 with my fbsettings, and
> without, same problem.
You are getting tired of people doing volunteer work for free not beeing
fast enough to fix support for a machine that was just released and for
which none of the maintainer has direct access to HW ? Well, you should
consider using a different operating system then...
Anyway, there is a hack in my current tree that should fix it, at least
until I have a more clean fix available. Unfortunately, penguinppc.org
is down, so you'll have to get it via bitkeeper.