Re: ppc vm

> how (much) differs ppc's paging system from x86's one?
> isn't ppc based on a 2/3 level paging architecture too?

No way. The ppc paging system according to Linus:

"In particular, while I'm not a big fan of the PPC hash tables
(understatement of the year), I _do_ like the BAT mapping that PPC has."

"The others are just stupid aberrations (ie the ppc hash-tables),
and can portably be considered nothing but in-memory TLB's."

"The sane PPC setups actually have a regular soft-filled TLB, and last I
saw that actually performed _better_ than the stupid architected hash-
chains. And for the broken OS's (ie AIX) that wants the hash-chains, you
can always make the soft-fill TLB do the stupid thing.."