Lots of lockups during wake with PBG4, XF4.2.1, benh 2.4.20-rc3

Ever since I upgraded my kernel from
2.4.19-presomething-benh, I have been getting tons of
lockups on wake.  The machine is powerbook g4, first
revision, 400MHz.  The wakeup lockups are always in X, but I
never use the console.  X is not using DRI.

As for modules, I've got dmasound_pmac loaded, and airo for
my Aironet 352 card.  I don't think it is related to Aironet
though because sometimes the laptop has crashed even before
firing up the PCMCIA slot.

Is anyone else seeing this?  I'm up to 2.4.20-pre3-ben0 and
I'm still crashing.  It is very annoying.  Should I try
disabling IDE DMA or something?

-jwb