alsa & pmud

Hi,

some time ago I had a problem with videos that played too slow and
someone in here told me to try alsa. Thats what I did, I downloaded and
installed the latest alsa via CVS. Compile went fine and the sound now
works very fine, and at last I am able to watch films :-)

But (there ever seems to be a hook) when I close the lid to put it
asleep, the screen flickers, wents out to go on again. It is then some
kind of interlaced, with a very small resolution and seemingly some
pictures over each other (as it always look when waking up... but
notmally it works after 2 or 3 seconds). Also the small light doesn't
turn on. The machine doesn't react on anything then, neither on a simple
ping, nor on an attempt to wake it up via ether-wake.
In the upper left corner it writes:
--snip--
vector: 400 at pc = 000090c0, lr = c000548c
msr = 40001032, sp = d42fddd0 [d42fdd20]
current = d42fc000, pid = 284, comm = pmud
mon>
--snip--
but it seems that there is no way I can type something in there.

Kernel is 2.4.20-rc1-ben0, distribution is debian sid and most of the
installation is made with the howto on hispalinux.

Anyone has a hint?

mfG Johannes