Re: MOL Modules Compilation weirdness

On Sunday, Nov 24, 2002, at 16:45 US/Pacific, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

You should not have a /usr/src/linux directory. You might put
something there to help you avoid temptation:

I'm curious...  Why do you regard this as a bad thing to do?

First of all, why would you have one special copy of the kernel
source? It's OK to have 42 copies or none at all. Giving a
special status to one of them is a strange thing to do.

Not even if it is the source for the currently installed kernel?

Anyway, thanks for explaining your rationale.

            Wilhelm Fitzpatrick  |  When we speak of free
         http://www.3roses.com/  |  software we are referring
                     aim:R4F14L  |  to freedom not price.