Re: ibook running with lid closed

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 20:02, Torsten wrote:

> Its a quick shutdown, it doesn¹t seem like it even syncing the disk before
> its shutsdown the machine. pmud isnt even running when the machine
> shutsdown, its the same situation when pmud IS running.

Ok, then it's probably triggered by the PMU itself, maybe as a security
mecanism (the PMU may consider that running the ibook with the lid
closed and no battery means you just forgot it).

It's possible that the PMU may send us some kind of 'alarm' or that it
is possible to tell it not to shut down, I don't know. The PMU is not
documented and Apple didn't open source the PMU driver in Darwin, so we
don't know all of it's commands or messages.

Ben.