Re: Fresh install w/o xfree

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 06:05:01PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 02:12:02PM -0800, Ashifi wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I just installed debian woody with the minimal CD and I'd like to add a
> > graphical front end, but I can't find one. Could you please help me
> > install an x server and Gnome2 ?
> >

> > --
> >

> tasksel

You would need to upgrade to testing/unstable, or at least download
gnome2 from there.

You could try :

apt-get -t unstable install gnome

Which should pull in the unstable version of gnome (which is gnome2).

There are sopme problems with bonobo-activation though, so you should
downgrade these ones or wait a few days for a fixed version.

Friendly,

Sven Luther