Re: Tuxracer stopped working after the latest dri-trunk upgrade.

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 23:00, Jesus Climent wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 01:03:51PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> >
> > ...and then asserted your own copyright, exclusively, on the result.
>
> It is not a copyright, but a copyleft. And there is much of my own
> collecting.

Try and find "copyleft" in the dictionary (hint, it's not there). And
read that:
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/copyleft.html

"Copyleft" is a made-up word, a pun on "copyright". All the creations
are either copyrighted or public domain. Being "copyleft" doesn't mean
anything.

> > But I don't insist that you do anything in particular.  You want the
> > world to know that the document is "Copyleft 2002 by Jesus Climent" and
> > not copyrighted by (i.e., not the work of) anyone else, even in part.
> > History is written by the victors, and as far as I'm concerned if you
> > want this victory so badly you can have it.
>
> Just wanted to collect the info I found around. I give up.

Then don't claim the copyright for things you didn't write.

> > You seem to have almost completely missed my point, and I haven't the
> > energy to try and persuade you to adopt my philosophy of authorship and
> > credit, so hopefully we can mutually agree to let the issue drop.
>
> If trying to collect some info and be a source of help for others is
> seen as a way to have a victory, I refuse to continue doing so.
>
> I have been crediting anyone how has activelly helped to get the doc in
> a better shape, and linked the sources of my info at the end. In no way
> I was trying to credit my authorship of the doc, but of the compilation
> of such documentation.

Just say so on the documentation then.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when
there is no longer anything to take away.
						Antoine de Saint-Exupery