Re: XFree86 4.2.99.2 / radeon 9000

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Ross Vumbaca wrote:

> I've got a problem with radeonfb whereby, if I change resolution with
> "fbset", the screen will go blank (monitor enters power saving mode),
> and the remedy is to press Alt-F2 (or whatever) to change tty, and then
> to change back again.

the problem is solved from 2.4.19-benh(I_dont_remember_exactly)
I'm currently runnig  2.4.20-rc1-ben0 freshly rsynced this morning.
see <URL:http://master.penguinppc.org/~benh/> for more details.

> If I run X with fbdev, X will start fine, but the screen will again go
> blank and the monitor shuts down. Remedy doesn't work though, and if I
> press Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill X it will come back to life (the screen).

I'm running X from this morning CVS
using FBdev and radeon driver

execept the yellow switch for some colors, everything is fine

	Eric

--
Bientôt, Apple ne va plus que fournir les plans sous microfilms coincés
sur le proc : le but sera de les en déloger avant d'allumer la machine,