Re: Volunteer with Mac wanted to verify bug

Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@debian.org> writes:

> Thanks for this.
>
> I suspect the problem is related to bug #168602, with the kernel needing
> to be set to send linux keycodes (which procps.sh does on reboot, and
> the X server probably does on resetting the display).
>
> Can someone please confirm this by running,eg, this script:
>
>   #!/bin/sh
>   dpkg --install console-tools-0.2.4-24dbs
>   /etc/init.d/procps.sh start
>

> If this works, I'd like to see exactly whats in procps.sh on a powerpc,
> so I can include it in the postinst scripts.
>
> Thanks,
> Alastair McKinstry

Hi Alastair,

I've checked with
dpkg -i console-tools_1%3a0.2.3dbs-26_powerpc.deb;/etc/init.d/procps.sh start
Setting up console-tools (0.2.3dbs-26) ...

cannot (un)set powersave mode

Setting kernel variables.dev.mac_hid.keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes = 1
.
Running procps.sh makes no difference - the keyboard is not usable.
This is on Pismo Powerbook.
cheers
        Jiri