Re: Newest dri-trunk X packages and sleep on iBook2

On 11 Nov 2002 22:56:35 +0100
Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> wrote:

> Do you also get the magic APM line in the X server log?
>
> Does Option "DRIReinit" make a difference? What about switching to
> console after or during sleep help?

Sorry I wasn't better prepared...

I do get the magic line:

(II) Open APM successful

Option "DRIReinit" placed after Option "UseFBDev" in my XF86Config-4
file does not make a difference.

Switching the console and back after waking it from sleep does not
change anything, either. The console remains fine. If I kill the X server with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace and then restart it with startx, the problem goes away.

By the by, the cursor appears and operates normally. Only the windows (root and otherwise) are affected.

Thanks again for your time!

Mark