Re: Installer doesn't see the drive on a dual 867

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 01:36:16PM -0500, Pan wrote:
> I just got a new dual proc 867 and I wanted to install debian on it.
>
> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? or if this is a know bug...

There was some discussion on the list a while ago about this. The
primary IDE channel on the new dual G4 models uses a newer chip
to get faster speeds, and it isn't really supported yet. I believe
someone was working on a driver, so it should work in the future.
For now, I believe the main workaround is to move the drive to
the secondary IDE, which works fine with the old driver.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com