Re: scsi emulation

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 13:12, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Die, 2002-10-29 at 04:56, bill traynor wrote:
> > I'm getting the following errors with kernel 2.4.20-pre11-ben0:
> >
> > kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2
> >
> > Consequently, I can't mount my DVD/CD-RW on sr0.  I noticed a previous
> > thread regarding changes to scsi emulation recently, but I've been
> > unable to find a solution.  Is there one?
>
> Of course, there always is. :)
>
> I created a file /etc/modutils/ide-scsi containing
>
> alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
>
> and ran update-modules.

OK, I added the latter.  Here's my /etc/modutils/ide-scsi file now:

alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
options ide-scsi hdb=ide-scsi

Note, the options line was already in there.

When I do #mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /cdrom, I get:

mount: /dev/sr0 is not a valid block device.

When I do, cdrecord -scanbus, I get:

cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open 'dev/pg*'. Cannot open
SCSI driver.

I know I'm probably missing something obvious.  Can anyone point me in
the right direction.  Thanks.

Bill