Re: G4 Cube CD Eject

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 03:27:05AM +0000, Gavin Baker wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 03:08, Thomas Dial wrote:
>
> > I successfully installed Debian 2.2 r5 on my Apple Macintosh G4 Cube
> > over the weekend, but ran into one potential problem during the install
> > that I think might be easily remedied.  The problem was that when
> > dselect prompted me to switch media in order to grok the available
> > packages from the other CD's, I was unable to eject the CD.
>
> Debian 2.2 is obsolete, 3.0 is the stable version.
>
> eject (http://packages.debian.org/stable/utils/eject.html) is what us
> eject-button-less people use. As for dselect, i've tried to avoid it at
> all costs.

aptitude is the updated dselect type program. But I'm sure it doesn't
take account of the Mac's odd (in relation to other PCs) eject
requirements, so that might be entertained. You could submit a patch
to aptitude in a bug report. You can download the source for aptitude
using

apt-get source aptitude

And submit a patch (created with diff -u) using reportbug.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |