Re: OT: Major Networking Problems

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 06:02:38AM -0800, rhires@earthlink.net wrote:
> Hey Everyone...
>
> I switched DSL providers from Earthlink, which uses pppoe, to Verizon, which
> does not. I removed the pppoe package, and now can only connect to the net as
> root.
>
> My question: is there some way that I can go through the initial questions
> about networking without doing a reinstall? I haven't changed anything else
> about my computer...

I'm not sure what would cause this problem.

Yes, if you boot the installer and mount your root partition, you
can just select the Configure Network option.

But it would probably be better/easier to just configure the network
yourself, by editing /etc/network/interfaces. There is advice
in man interfaces and also an example file at

/usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |