Re: PowerPC Problem

Its an iMac so it has a built in Ethernet card which I'm using to access the internet via an ADSL splitter.

I thought this option only works with machine on a network right?

From: "Chris Tillman" <tillman@voicetrak.com>
To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: PowerPC Problem
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 21:01:44 -0700

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 08:31:55PM +0200, Steve Langdon wrote:

> Thanks Chris
>
> I'd accessed the error log  (Left Alt F3) in the meantime.
>
> The log reveals that  It CAN  find rescue.bin inside images-2.88 as
> required , but then cant find the drivers.tgz file. I checked back in MacOS > and it IS there (7.2Meg big) under new-powermac where it should be. How odd!

Totally. Do you have a built-in ethernet card on this machine? Possibly
you could circumvent this weird issue by configuring your network,
then using it to install the kernel and modules. That only works if
you don't need a module for the network, natch.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |