Re: install from MacOS

Take a look at this guide by Branden Robinson.  It is listed as being
for an iBook, but I think it will work on any of the "New World" Macs.
I was also able to install Debian 3.0 a few weeks ago by using just a
ramdisk and kernel on my "Old World" 8500.

    http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html

Should get you going for a "media-less install."

cheers
vinai