how play MCDs on Cube G4

Hello all,

I've grabbed the list but did not find a working
solution for playing music CDs with my cube G4.

System:
Cube G4 450
Debian Woody 3.0
kernel-image-2.4.18-newpmac
lsmod shows loaded modules:
	soundcore
	audio

What's working:
mpg123 plays mp3 files
aumix works for volume, bass, treble

Half working:
xmms can be watched start playing the MCD
	But: there is no sound to hear

What's not working:
command music cdplayers like workbone, cdcd: no sound

I would prefer workbone on Linux-console, but I see no way
to activate the numblock in a way that workbone accepts.
The other keys work nearly perfect on the console with
the Pro Keyboard (german layout)

I also tested the script "cdda2wav...cdir..sed..." someone
suggested in this list for playing mcds.
The effect is a kind of white noise from the Macspeakers.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Karl-Heinz