Re: PowerPC Problem

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 01:27:58PM +0200, Steve Langdon wrote:
> OK I got slightly further , but now cant find a way of pointing the
> installer at the linux kernal. It just doesnt want to find it.
>
> I've got it on my (mounted) hfs partition directly under the root
> directory, and under the debian/dists/woody..... etc structure recommended
> by the package.
>
> Then I tried burning in onto a CD in different formats .... putting the
> files directly on the root, and then also with the required directory
> structure. still no luck!
>
> The installer doesnt even seem to check... there's no clicking and whirring
> of the HD or CD Drive to indicate that files and directories might be being
> searched. The installer just comes straight back with 'Not found on this
> drive'

This is in the Install Kernel and Modules step? The critical part is for
it to find a powermac or new-powermac folder, with drivers.tgz and
images-1.44 inside, and with rescue.bin inside images-1.44.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |