Re: Threading bug leading to zombies? / licq problems

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 06:05:21PM +0200, Christian Jaeger wrote:
> Hello

[attack of the undead processes]

> So my hypothesises:
>
> - libc6 might have a ppc dependent bug in thread handling.

I suspect this to be the problem. I've noticed similar behavior in
mozilla and maradns (making maradns, in its default configuration,
unusable for more than 94 RRs). I've only seen it on powerpc.

I've been meaning to investigate further to verify that it's really a
glibc bug before filing a bug report, but haven't had the time to do so.

--
William Aoki     waoki@umnh.utah.edu       /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
B1FB C169 C7A6 238B 280B  <- key change    \ /  No HTML in mail or news!