CDROM door button on keyboard

Folks,

I have a G4 Mac 800 MHz "Quicksilver" machine. The cdrom drive on this unit has no little button to open the cdrom door next to the drive... on this machine Apple moved that button to the Apple Pro keyboard. Unfortunately using Debian Linux (Woody), that keyboard button is non-functional.

How do I make the cdrom eject/open button work with Debian? Certainly other people must have run into this problem? I searched the mailing list archives and came up empty.

-- Bill
--
brennan@netaxs.com
Bill Brennan