Re: direct rendering on 1280x854 TiBook

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 05:54:57PM -0400, christophe barbe wrote:
> It works significantly faster for opengl based display. But doing my
> test with xscreensaver I can see that a few 2d screensaver are slower.
> It looks like they are no more double-bufferized or the image chaged is
> not in sync. For example "Spotlight" is slower and you can see the spot
> appers in a few scan.

To get drm-trunk installed I had to rebuilt the kernel without r128.o and
radeon.o because they come with drm-trunk.

The diff between the two X log is small. One difference is that AGP is
said "not available" in the second case and then fall back to PCI when in
the first case AGP is never mentionned.
Also in the second case agpgart is not loaded and if I load it manually
before, I see no differences.

I am missing something to get AGP used?
Can this explain the significant slowdown for 2D? (XAA is enabled in
both cases.)

Christophe

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
   Albert Einstein, On Science