Re: mozilla problems

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 10:14:07PM -0400, Chris Hoover wrote:
>I'm having problems with mozilla.  It now longer will fully launch.
>When I run it from a xterm or from a menu, it starts up but I never get
>the splash screen.  The program never seems to die, and it does not give
>me any errors.

killall esd

Newer versions of mozilla want to open the sound device for some reason,
and they'll wait forever until they get it.  Killing esd or whatever is
using the sound device will free it up so that it opens.  Once up, you
can restart esd and mozilla will keep working.  esddsp mozilla may also
work; I haven't tried it, and I'm not in linux at the moment.

--
Brian

                                            "Our greatest glory consists
Email: bhv1@psu.edu                          not in never falling, but in