Xfree86 Unresolved symbols.

    This is probably FAQ somewhere, but I cannot find it:

    I'm installing debian 3.0 stable on my Mac PowerPC, G4 400 (agp
    graphics, "tower" configuration), and when trying to start X, it
    bombs with:
    Symbol fbdevHWGetLineLength from module
    /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o is unresolved!

    I'm not new to Debian, I've got it on some 15 to 20 servers at work
    (big ass database machines), my desktop at work, a couple laptops
    etc. all X86. Now I'm switching (take *THAT* apple) my desktop
    machine at home from OSX to Linux (completely, no dual boot).

    I've tried using the "ati" driver, and the "r128" driver, and both
    hork the same way on me.

    I also tried using the vga driver, but that was even worse.

    Did I miss a package, is the existing package (in stable no less)
    broken, or did I screw something else up?
--
"They can attempt to outlaw weapons but they can't outlaw    | Quit smoking:
the Platonic Ideal of a weapon and modern technology makes   | 151d, 8h ago