Re: XFree86 on Macintosh Powerbook

Michel Dänzer wrote:
You either need a 1280x854 mode definition for X (fbset -x provides one
if you're running radeonfb) or

deb	http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/debian/dri-trunk/	./

You'll probably want the latter anyway. :)
I tried doing what you suggested but i encountered quite some problems, first of all i don't have a "deb" command and i wasn't able to find out in which package it may be included. I connected to the above site but i wasn't able to find out what to download and how to use it. finally i tried compiling the kernel with DRI support, but i wasn't able to find out which AGP chipset is mounted on my powerbook, so it crashed during compilation.

i have the strong feeling that most of the above questions are quite ludicrous, but i'm used to friendlier configuration process...

thanks again for your help.

regards,
Marcello