New kernel -> more heat ?

Howdy.

I'm the happy owner of a TiBook DVI, and after the usual X11 config
stuff I had no problem running Debian on it.

And yesterday I rsync'ed a new benh kernel, compiled it and booted it :
it works fine except that now the fan _never_ stops, where with the
previous kernel it only started while running some heavy simulation or
watching DVDs.

At first I thought that it might be running at 800 MHz by default now,
but it is not the case, as shown by /proc/sys/cpu/0/speed .

Any idea of what happened ? Did I miss anything ?

Just in case it provides information : I'm using sid, the airport card
is constantly on (but it was on before), top shows 99.5 % idle ...

	/vincent

--
Vincent Beffara
DMA - ENS, 45 rue d'Ulm