Re: How to use function keys to emulate 3-button mouse?

On (16/09/02 09:12), John Lubotsky wrote:
:) Running Woody on my Beige G3 with an ADB one-button mouse, I'd like
:) to emulate 3 buttons for use in a window manager. I know
:) instinctively this must be addressed in docs, but I've looked to no
:) avail.
:)
:) Can anyone point me to documentation?

Here an example from debian installation manual

Add to your /etc/sysctl.conf
    # Three buttons emulation
    # activate emulation
       /dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation = 1
    # middle button -> F11
       /dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode = 87
    # right button -> F12
       /dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode = 88
Of course you can map different keys changin keycodes...
bye

BuG

:)
:) Best,
:) John Lubotsky
:)
:)
:) --
:) To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-powerpc-request@lists.debian.org
:) with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
:) listmaster@lists.debian.org