Re: Powerpc Newbie (linux oldie)

At 2:20 PM -0400 9/10/02, <cwhmlist@bellsouth.net> wrote:
2. How do you get around the fact that the ibook only has one button? Many of the window managers have menus set to right/left/double clicks.

The method I use on my TiBook is to activate the kernel's mouse button emulation feature and assign mouse buttons 2 and 3 to keys on the keyboard. In my case, I have assigned them F10 & F11. To do this, add the following lines to /etc/sysctl.conf

dev.mac_hid.mouse_button_emulation=1
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button2_keycode=68
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button3_keycode=87

You may need to fiddle a bit to find the right keycodes matching the keys you want to assign as mouse buttons. I'd give more detailed instructions, but I forgot how I did it once I got it working. I think I may have used the showkey utility.

            Wilhelm Fitzpatrick  |  When we speak of free
         http://www.3roses.com/  |  software we are referring
                rafial@well.com  |  to freedom not price.