Re: Yet more on iBook2 internal modem

>pppconfig still doesn't find a modem, neither does kppp or wvdialconf.
>But I don't have any reason to believe the kernel is to blame for that.

The kernel may actually be to blame (at least the macserial
driver). According to the bit of dmesg you pasted, it seems the
modem isn't detected.

So either the kernel has a bug preventing it from seeing
your modem, or you really have the SW modem, which script
did you use ? The internal USB modem won't show up on the
USB bus unless it's powered up by the driver
Did you download & install the driver package and tried