trying to boot with yaboot

<continuing saga of me trying to boot Linux on my snakebite G4>

I copied the yaboot binary, a Linux kernel and a yaboot.conf
to the root of my OS 9 partition.  I tried to get to yaboot
using OF sd:7,yaboot but that just boots OS 9 again.

After trying that a few times with variations and getting
nowhere. I thought I'd try booting yaboot off the Debian CD.

I gave the command "boot cd:,\\yaboot" from OF and got
the boot: prompt from yaboot.  At least that was something.

Now I'm kind of stuck again because I have to give the correct
device and path to my kernel image.  I can't figure out how
to construct the path.

Note that there is a working Debian system on disk 2. I just
need to get it booted.

This is the ATTO PCI SCSI card.
/pci@f0000000

	/ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL366@12
		/sd
	/ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL366@12,1
		/sd

This is how the boot-device for OS 9 is shown from OF:
boot-device
/pci@f2000000/ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL366@12/@6:7,\\:tbxi hd:,\\:tbxi

On my Linux disk my kernel image is in the root of /dev/sdb2

This what my two SCSI disks look like with pdisk:

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/scsi0.6' (/dev/sda)
 #:                type name              length   base     ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map Apple                 63 @ 1
 2:      Apple_Driver43*Macintosh             54 @ 64
 3:      Apple_Driver43*Macintosh             74 @ 118
 4:  Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh            512 @ 192
 5:       Apple_Patches Patch Partition      512 @ 704
 6:           Apple_HFS "yaboot"         1782512 @ 1216     (870.4M)
 7:           Apple_HFS "OS 9"          12291638 @ 1783728  (  5.9G)
 8:           Apple_HFS "X"             32183916 @ 14075366 ( 15.3G)
 9:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 A/UX Root       25052722 @ 46259282 ( 11.9G)
10:          Apple_Free                   375336 @ 71312004 (183.3M)

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/scsi1.1' (/dev/sdb)
 #:                type name     length   base     ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map Apple        63 @ 1
 2:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 usr     4194304 @ 64       (  2.0G)
 3:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 export 12582912 @ 4194368  (  6.0G)
 4:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap    1059388 @ 16777280 (517.3M)