Re: My Debian Woody installation won't boot

You may remember that the debian end of things was looking OK and so the lack of a "\" key in Open Firmware was thought to be a symptom that may lead to the cause of the boot failure.

Well I put a request for help with Open Firmware on the Apple discussion board but nothing of any use came back.

So, my experiment with Linux is over until I rekindle enough enthusiasm to hunt down the cause of the problem again.

I had some helpful advice and there is now a nice trail of posts for anyone with similar booting problems to follow.

DT