Re: mounting hfs+

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Jean-Christophe Michel wrote:

> I tried to mount two partitions; first one is hfs, without system,
> and mount -t hfs /dev/hda12 /mac -r
> works.
> Same thing on hda13 leads to a /mac containing only some files,
> and no directory... Is it because it holds a System dir ?
> or is it a hfs+ volume ?
>
> How do you proceed to exchange data between mac partitions
> and linux ones ?

I was just about to set my machine up to do the same.  IIRC - consensus
a while ago was to set up an "exchange" partition on your system which
will be DOS/FAT formatted.  It seems to be the one filesystem that can
be safely read from and written to by Mac OS Classic / Mac OS X / Linux
(ironically enough, even on a PPC machine :)  The package you need is:

    http://packages.debian.org/stable/otherosfs/dosfstools.html

if you don't have it already.

cheers
vinai