Re: Remote Logins

Tobias Giesen wrote:

Hello,

this is probably not ppc-specific, but anyway:

Since my Debian Mac is on a LAN only, I want to enable all those
insecure things like telnet and remote logins and X-Terminal access.

I already installed rsh-client and rsh-server but the system is still
"actively refusing" any telnet or rsh attempts over the LAN.

"apt-get install telnetd" to install the telnet daemon. If you still can't telnet in (you won't be able to as 'root'), you'll probably have to play with /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny. Another place to look is in /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf.

Kent