Re: ATI driver difficulties

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 09:04:48PM +0200, Tobias Giesen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks. Here is the log. Maybe I need newer versions of everything, but
> this is what the final Woody release installed.
>
> What would be the command to search for & install updateable packages
> via the Internet?

There are several possibilities, covered lightly in the install manual
post-install chapter and appendix, and in more detail within docs and
man pages for

tasksel
aptitude
dselect
apt-get
dpkg

Also in the Debian Reference and APT HOWTO. Basically, whenever you ask
the Debian packaging system to install something, it checks to see if
what's available through your sources.list is newer than what you have,
and if so installs it. It's a Beautiful Thing(tm).

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |