Re: Woody on IBM RS/6000 7025 F50

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 10:06:56PM +0300, George Karaolides wrote:

> Further to my previous post about the serial port slowing down during
> booting, here are the interrupts.  It took an hour and a half to get to a
> shell...
>
> It doesn't look like there's anything amiss.  Anyone have any other ideas?

Is it possible your terminal is set to a different rate than the kernel
is communicating on? On Macs, the OF rate is 38400, but when I would
pass 9600 to the kernel in the boot argument without changing the rate
on the terminal, I would get something like that.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |