Re: g4/867 || iBook + Debian || someOtherLinux

On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 03:18, ccos wrote:

> > OpenGL support is a matter of the graphics chip rather than the machine.
> > Shouldn't be a problem with a Rage128 or Radeon, but there might never
> > be support for nVidia chips.
>
> why do you say there may never be support?

Because nVidia doesn't release any documentation. There are still people
who seem crazy enough to want to work on DRI drivers for nVidia, but
nothing has been done yet, and getting a driver in good shape is a
matter of months at least. (And even if they succeed, the drivers may
only work on x86)

> does anybody have opengl and/or sound running smoothly on either:
>
> an 867 with a rage or radeon chip?
> an ibook/600 (dual usb) w/ an Aty, RageM3p29s display card?

Rage128 should work out of the box, for a Radeon my DRI packages will be
useful.