Re: No sound on a G3 Blue

scripsit Michel Dänzer:
> > > Not even if you raise the 'Spkr' mixer?
> > What do you mean exactly?
> Start a mixer app like aumix, and move the slider labelled 'Spkr' or
> similar.

I have the opposite situation:  on my iMac/266 (woody, 2.4.18-newpmac)
the internal speaker always switches on by default.  I only ever use
sound with earphones (I work in a cube farm) so unwittingly having the
speaker on can be a bit embarassing :/

Is there a "canonical" way of getting the mixer to switch off the
speaker on boot, or getting settings to be "sticky" across boots?  I
could ad-hoc something in the login scripts, but that strikes me as

Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology
Graduate Student, Department of History
Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul