Re: No volume control with xmms

Hello,

had the problem two. If you can control the main volume with kmix (for example), you can just switch in xmms' options "Control Main Volume instead of Wave volume" (or something similiar).

Hope it helps,
Daniel

Evan Martin wrote:
Roland Wegmann wrote:

Has somebody of you installed xmms (version 1.2.7) in a way that volume control works?

I had a similar problem on my machine (TiBook 400mhz) and eventually toggled a setting in XMMS. Look around in the settings for the audio output plugin. You may have to specify /dev/mixer, or uncheck something... ? If you don't figure it out, report back, and I'll track it down.