Weird X colours on 7200 success.. Sound query

Thanks Michael for the help.. It works perfectly.. That has to have been the
simplest but most useful piece of linux support I've ever received, 1
digit!!

All I need to do now is get the sound working and I'll be over the moon! I
have dma sound in the kernel but I'm not sure what else to do to:

a) get audio cd's playing (7200's have an audio cable from CD drive to
motherboard)
b) get other sound working...

I've trawled the mailing list archives but can't find the info I need.

Thanks

Adrian