Automatic power-on

A few months back there was a discussion around the (proposed?)
pmac-utils utility pack. One of the features that someone wanted to
put in there was a way to put the Mac in "server mode".

Does anyone have a clue of how to do this? I've looked in the utility
pack, but it doesn't yet seem to contain such a utility and all other
ends I've researched have turned out in broken links and false
positives.

(Of course, the answer I'm looking for would not involve booting MacOS
and setting the bit in the control panel)