Re: getting netatalk working in debian

On 26 Jul 2002, Adam wrote:

> Date: 26 Jul 2002 11:46:15 -0400
> From: Adam <adamhadm@frontiernet.net>
> To: debian-powerpc <debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: getting netatalk working in debian
>
> I have almost completed a full install of debian but I can not get
> natatalk to start.  The daemon starts, the /etc/default/netatalk is
> configured, but I can't get the custom settings I had set up in my suse
> system.  I copied /etc/atalk from suse and put it in /etc in debian but
> atalk does not recognize it so far.  Do I need to place the atalk
> directory some where else?

the directory is /etc/netatalk, not /etc/atalk. try that, and i'm 90%
sure it'll work. i have the debian version of the config files, and work
fine. configuring netatalk the first time around tends to be a little
daunting, i find. some of the confs are set up by netatalk and/or the
appletalk router(s), so some of it can be left to the package to do.

eric