RE: Modems on PowerBook 3400

On 17 July 2002 15:18 "Philipp Kaeser" <furball@gubbe.ch> wrote:

} Hello Aaron,

} > In http://www.gubbe.ch/linux/pb2400-pcmcia.php  you say
} > "modify /etc/pcmcia.conf".  I don't have a pcmcia.conf file.  Should
} > I create one and add the values you recommend?
} you might, but it won't be of any use, then :)

Oh.  'cos I tried it.  And it didn't work.

} I guess you have the pcmcia-cs package installed; possibly the
} config-file location got changed somewhen between potato and woody.
} just search your filesystems a bit and should find the file.

okay.

I wish mc got installed with this particular distro. :-(

> Regarding memory allocation, would it hurt if I included both
> 0x80000000-0x80ffffff and 0x90000000-0x90ffffff ranges in my config.opts?
it won't hurt, if these addresses are not yet used. check
/proc/iomem and stuff (see the corresponding thread that
has just now emerged on debian-powerpc).

I was following that.  Doesn't seem to hurt.

This trial-and-error business is slow going....

Thanks again,
Aaron