Re: External monitor on ibook2

Le mer 10/07/2002 à 10:44, Edd Dumbill a écrit :
> On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 05:37, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> >
> > Use the framebuffer driver instead of the r128 one in X.
> >
> > If you search carefully the archives, somebody has reported success with
> > this IIRC. I never tried it though.
>
> This isn't correct.  The most that's been achieved is to find that the
> external monitor can be driven OK using the OFfb driver, but this is
> near useless for any presentational purposes.

On the 1st gen ibook2, the problem exists in fb mode. A quick try with
"fbset -depth x" with x>8 make the problem quite visible.

It's like the pixel size is *2 on the screen (bigger letters and co).

And, if the 8 bit mode is usable in 2 colors, the color mapping is not
correct either... (Tryed in 8 bits with X or links -g)...

So, I think that the fb aty128 cannot work on external screen, at least
with the M3.

	Yves