Re: DRI CVS snapshot packages

Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 14:19, Reto Wyss wrote:
Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 10:16, Reto Wyss wrote:

i installed these packages and compiled the module. if i start X and have
a look at glxinfo, everything looks fine. however, running glxgears
results in locking up my ibook2 700 mhz 12" Combo with a radeon mobility
LY.
This is what I wrote about the M6 (=LY) in the announcement. Set
RADEON_NO_TCL=1.

setting the environment variable RADEON_NO_TCL=1 did not help. same behavior as before, the machine locks up, as soon as i run glxgears or any other opengl application.

Strange, someone else reported success with this. The variable was set
in the shell where you started the apps, wasn't it?

yes, it was set. when i run glxgears it dumps the following two lines on the console, before it hangs itself:

disabling TCL support
radeonUpdatePageFlipping allow 0 current 0

does this maybe give a hint? the same two lines are given by glxinfo.

reto

Reto Wyss                       Phone : +41  1 635 30 72
Institute of Neuroinformatics   Fax   : +41  1 635 30 53
University/ETH Zuerich          Mobile: +41 76 436 22 75
Winterthurerstr. 190, CH-8057 Zuerich, Switzerland