Re: Voodoo3 2000 problems in Woody

On Jul 01, Shawn Dunn wrote:
> This is a repost from a bit ago, all I really want to know, is WILL
> THIS CARD WORK?  I mean, if the only suggestion you have is RTFM,
> I've been rtfm'ing the crap outta stuff trying to get it to work,
> with no luck, I never recived ANY sort of response the first time,
> and after talking to Mr Branden Robinson, he said to resort to
> threats, and to mention something about already going to "Overfiend"
> and that the list members would know about it =]

It will work on i386 (I had a Voodoo 3 that moved around between a few
systems for a while until it fried itself a few months back), but I
haven't a clue about using this card on a PowerPC.

Sounds like the card is flaky when you try to do accelerated stuff,
but it could be a PPC issue.  If you have a Intel box around, see if
it works in there with XF4; that should give your answer.

You might also want to try the pre-release 4.2.0 packages, but I doubt
that will fix the problem.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <chris@lordsutch.com> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/