Re: old world power pc with just debian?

A while back I had good luck first installing potato on a 7500 and then
booting with a SuSE 2.4.12 coff boot disk and than upgrading to potato by
modifying the sources list. This same technique didn't work on an SuperMac
c500.

I have not been able to get the woody completely installed from the boot
disks because it has difficulting finding the files from
http.us.debian.org although I copied some to a local webserver and almost
got there???

Some folks have had success modifying the System file on the miboot HFS
boot disks to change the ramdisk and root disk locations, but it hasn't
worked for me using a hexeditor or the perl script that is in the
powerpc-specials on cvs.debian.org

My next step is to try to build a yaboot CD (I believe Old Worlds support
this).

- mdf