Re: Emergancy...system configuration keeps deleting my user accounts in dselect

This is what I get..

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  pppconfig
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 95.2kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
(Reading database ... 141186 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing pppconfig ...
Updating Debian Packages of System Configurations.
Del user adam
/etc/dpsyco/cmd/R05users: kill: (1442) - No such process
/etc/dpsyco/cmd/R05users: kill: (1439) - No such process
/etc/dpsyco/cmd/R05users: kill: (1437) - No such process
Del user sysadm
Del user guest
Del user sadmin

installation script was interrupted.
Press <enter> to continue.

then it goes back to the dselect menu when I press enter

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 10:54, Chris Tillman wrote:
On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 10:13:26AM -0400, Adam wrote:
> I am finding out that my system configuration keeps deleting my user
> accounts when I do an install from dselect.  Could I  have installed a
> package which does this.  The only active account I  have no that system
> is root and my normal useser can't access the system.  Theres and my
> accounts or directories in /home dir. has <user name>.deselected.
>
> I cant find the package I  may have installed which does this. This
> happened after I have installed a whole mess of packages and now every
> time I do an install it takes for ever to finish and it says that it is
> deleting <user>.

Hmmm. How about

grep -r 'deleting' /var/lib/dpkg/info/*

(Assuming 'deleting' is really a literal part of the message you see.)