Re: Data CDs work but not Audio CDs in iBook2

First check your /boot/config-<kernelversion> for a line like:
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD
it should be set to either 'y' (compiled in) or 'm' (a module that needs
to be loaded).  If it's 'm' do an 'lsmod' and see if ide-cd.o is loaded.
If not, do a 'modprobe ide-cd'.  Also, make sure there's a symlink from
your cd device to /dev/cdrom.  Also make sure you're a member of the 'cdrom'
group.
-Brett