Re: Lombard, pcmcia-cs, cisco aironet

On  26 Jun, this message from B.C.J.O echoed through cyberspace:
> I have been struggling to get the cardbus socket in my Lombard to
> recognise and init the cisco aironet 340 wifi card I have. I am using
> benh's kernel tree, currently at 2.4.19-rc1, and have tried both the
> kernel pcmcia driver modules and the separate pcmcia-cs modules with no
> luck. Does anybody have this functioning? if so, I'd appreciate it if you
> could send me the .config file from your kernel and pcmcia recipe. Any
> help appreciated.

I have had no problem to use my Aironet 350 card with a BenH 2.4.19-pre
kernel; in fact it worked out-of-the-box with the kernel PCMCIA driver
for the Aironet.

Does your PCMCIA subsystem work at all? You may hve to adjust the IO and
mem resources in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts. Here's mine for my TiBook
first-gen:

# PowerPC ioports and memory:
include port 0x100-0x9ff, port 0x9100-0xffff
include memory 0x80400000-0x807ff000, memory 0xf3000000-0xf33ff000

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |